Sunday 29 March 2015

Announcement


Telling people was great fun! Watching their reactions and excitement for you is just so heart-warming delightful. The first people we told was my parents; I am their eldest daughter and this will be their first grandchild, so you can probably imagine their excitement. My dad practically danced around the kitchen clinging on to my husband. 18 months previous when we got married, had managed to squeeze in three references to wanting to be a granddad in his ‘father of the bride’ speech therefore we were not surprised at his delight! My mother was equally excited, if not slightly reserved at the fact that this makes her ‘officially old!’

We agreed that we would then tell my husband’s parents and a friend each. I told my best friend nervously. I am due to be her maid of honour in August, the same month our baby is due. Thankfully, she is the world’s nicest person and was so busy squealing and talking about ‘auntie’ duties that she didn’t mind one bit about our potential date clash.

My husband told his friend/his other half. To say they are inseparable is an understatement, I was genuinely surprised when he didn’t turn up on our honeymoon! It wasn’t announced in the same delicate way we told others, with my husband declaring “My willy works!” I think there was a back pat, a murmur of congratulation and then moving onto a discussion about football.

Close friends that we hadn’t got round to telling, found out pretty quick when I would dart out of the room, quickly followed by vomiting! Having previously being known for my love of a cocktail, it was a hard one to hide from our friends and most people were pretty suspicious! There are so many times you can use the driving excuse before people do a quick glance at your belly!

Pinterest was the inspiration for our announcement on social media, opting for the photograph below . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment